Thursday, March 5, 2015

Noodles: Spontaneous Drag Gypsy


If you're someone who loves to follow artists that are mysterious yet spontaneous-then Noodles is going to be someone you will fall in love with. She has a whole spectrum of fabulous looks and is guaranteed to keep you interested. She most recently started doing tutorials on YouTube and if you don't know her-you definitely will in the future.



1. Who is Noodles?

Noodles is really just a heightened (especially in 8 inch heels) version of my boy persona. She is my creative outlet and is a complete chameleon because she's constantly changing up her look. Sometimes she does more fishy looks whereas sometimes she takes a club kid approach. I like to refer to Noodles as a drag gypsy because she's constantly moving to different cities, taking her drag all over the place.


2. When and why did you start doing drag?

I started in Cincinnati, Ohio about a year and a half ago as one of the Drag Race generation queens; so a lot of my inspiration to start was from watching the show and seeing how interesting the world of drag is. I've always been a really creative and artistic person, so the idea of using my face and makeup skills as my canvas intrigued me and motivated me to try it out.


3. Where did you get your drag name?

I actually originally went by the name Samantha Alan. However, after realizing I wanted to take a more light hearted approach towards my drag, I decided to change it. Noodles is a family nickname I have had since I was younger, and I thought it would be the perfect drag name because it's fun and something I'm already used to responding to. Plus, I'm a sucker for drag names that have no last name.



4. When did you start doing YouTube?

I've been on YouTube as a viewer for as long as I can remember, but I only just recently starting making my own content. During my winter break this past Christmas, I thought I would try doing a makeup tutorial because I was really inspired by Pearl's makeup, and the feedback I received from the video motivated me to continue to make more.


5. Who is your favorite queen from Season 7 of Rupaul's Drag Race?

Oh gosh, that's such a tough question!! I don't think I can pick an absolute favorite so I'll just have to say Max, Violet, and Pearl - mostly because all three of them have amazing style. I also think Max's perspective on drag is really unique and all the content she has been posting lately has me loving her even more. As for Violet, she is just sheer perfection. It's so inspiring to see such a young queen be SO polished and confident with her drag. And the bitch can perform too. And Pearl is just so damn beautiful, in and out of drag. Did I mention gorgeous out of drag? Plus her personality is hilarious.


6. Who is your biggest inspiration?

Mathu Andersen. He is the absolute god of makeup, and I can't even put it into words how much he inspires me.

(Hi Diana Dzhaketov, we see you! )


7. Out of the season 7 queens' makeup that you did videos on, which one was your favorite?

My favorite was probably my Violet look just because I think I really succeeded in looking like her the most compared to the other tutorials I did. But honestly. they have all been really fun to film because I get to try out different makeup techniques and see how they work on my face.



8. What is your biggest pet peeve?

My biggest pet peeve is people who are full of themselves and are very blatant and patronizing about it. I think it's fine if you are confident in yourself, but you don't need to vocalize it to the point that you look like an asshole and are rude about it.


9. What is your most embarrassing moment?

Hahahahaha. Oh my god! The first time I ever performed in drag, I tried to do a death drop, and it ended up looking like I slipped and fell flat on my ass. The worst part is, I thought I nailed it and I was thinking to myself "YES BITCH!! YOU JUST NAILED IT AND EVERYONE IS GAGGING!" The next day, I watched the video of the performance and was so embarrassed, but I couldn't help but laugh at myself because it was so tragic and you could tell I thought I nailed it from how I performed after it.



10. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

My biggest accomplishment was probably getting my picture published in "The Coven Magazine," which is a bi-annual creative arts publication produced by the Witches of Bushwick in New York that features some really amazing artists in Brooklyn, so it was a huge honor to have my photo included.


11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I see myself married to a woman with 3 beautiful children. Hahahah no - I have no idea where I see myself! In all honesty, I'll probably be laying in my bed, eating Flamin Hot Cheetos, and watching season 17 of drag race.


12. Have you ever been star struck when meeting anyone for the first time?

I remember when I met Manila Luzon, I was super nervous because I had never met a queen from drag race before. But ever since then, I've managed to keep my cool whenever I meet someone I really idolize.



13. In your opinion, what is the most misunderstood thing about drag?

The most misunderstood thing is definitely that drag queens are in drag all the time. I've had people ask me if RuPaul is in drag all the time and some of my friends have told me that people have asked them if I am always in drag now. Don't get me wrong, I love putting on makeup and going out, but there is no way in hell that i would do it all day everyday.


14. Marry, Kai Kai, Kill: Trixie Mattel, Laganja Estranja, Raven.

I'd definitely marry Trixie. I mean think of all the money we'd save from not having to buy Barbie dolls for our kids! I'd fuck...oh sorry, I'd "kai kai" Raven. And I'd kill Laganja because I feel like she came for me.....I don't remember when or what is was that she said, but it HURT! Plus, she is competition because there can only be one death dropping queen so I need to get rid of her.


Want more of Noodles??
Twitter: @nickbeiler
Instagram: @nickbeiler

The Drag Enthusiast
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dragenthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment