A little over a year ago, I found this collaboration YouTube channel called Perfect Androgyny which was created by Joseph Harwood who is a legend to me. Through this one channel I learned so much and I also met someone who soon became one of my favorite artists and eventually became one of my close friends. Arabia Felix is a brilliant drag queen and he has an out of this world vision and I know he will someday inspire more and more people and set the universe on fire. I asked him to be my first interview because I want everyone to see how extraordinary he is not only as an artist but as a person. :)
1. How would you describe your drag persona?
- Artistic, Unexpected, Laid-back yet one of a kind, and last by not least, Nonhuman.
2. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Burping out loud.
3. What is your country/culture like?
- Pretty much typical Middle Eastern, very conservative; most rules are restricted to Islamic regulations and traditions.
4. How do you remain strong?
- Putting myself online has helped me a lot with all the positive feedback that I get. I tend to stay away from negative people who complain all the time and have no future goals.
5. What do you want people to know about you as an artist?
- That there are not limits in space, time, and region when it comes to what I create.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- First thought, I would say the States so I can start building up my professional career, but since I know that I'm eventually going to make that happen, I would say space! I think it changes you as a person when you go there.
7. Do you regret anything? If so, what is it and why?
- No regrets, and if I did have any, I will slap myself silly and just thank God and the universe for what I have and going to have.
8. In the past year, what has been your favorite memory?
- First time meeting my true best friend and soul mate.
9. Who is your biggest inspiration?
- Any person who struggle in this world to create worldwide success out of nothing.
10. Do you have a favorite look that you've put together?
- Sindel Mortal Kombat was a lot of fun to make.
11. How long does it take to get into drag?
- 4 to 5 hrs.
12. What is your biggest fear?
- Listening to people and not listen to the voice inside of my head.
13. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- I guess we'll find out soon! I hate to describe my future, I want to live it.
14. What's your best feature in your opinion?
- Helping people in need.
15. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Helping people in need lol! Well you see, sometimes assholes will take advantage of that, and there are a lot of smart assholes in this world.
16. What got you into doing drag?
- The universe.. seriously!
17. How do you get your "creative juice" flowing?
- If you're passionate about something, your creativity will always keep rising up like a huge bolt of flame.
Have more questions for Arabia? Send him your questions here:-
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/arabia.felix.7
- Instagram: @arabiaart
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheArabianFelix
- Ask.FM: Arabia_Felix