Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ivanaha Fusionn: Be Sexy, Be True, Be Wild, Be You

Ivanaha Fusionn is a queen who currently resides in Oregon but she has a burning passion for Russia and a love for traveling. She hopes to get cast on the TV Show Rupaul's Drag Race so she can get her name out in the community more and open a bar with her Fiancé in the near future. She eventually wants to settle down with kids as well. She is also the owner of Lipstick Divas and NW Fierce. 




1. Who is Ivanaha Fusionn?

Ivahna is someone who really loves the glitter and the sparkle...the costumes are very different. Ivahna also demands attention and she has to be the center of attention. She really loves to be in the spotlight. Lately I've been stepping outside of my comfort zone and I usually make a lot of the things I wear at home.


2. Do you have a drag family?

I used to have a drag family in Utah but they weren't the best drag family for me so I broke off and started my own family. So I was by myself and I taught myself everything through tutorials on YouTube. After that I came to Portland, Oregon and met my only drag daughter who has only been doing drag for about a year. 

3. Where did you get your drag name from?

It's not that interesting of a story. I just went online and looked up Russian names because I'm obsessed with Russia. That's where I got Ivanaha and I chose it because I never heard that name before that. I was Ivanaha Star because that was my drag family's name but when I broke away from that family I came up with Fusionn because purple is my favorite color and it just came together. 



4. What is your most embarrassing moment?

When I was at my second pageant ever, I was doing my talent number and I wanted to make the end of it memorable and I got stage fright and I ended up just belly flopping on the stage and that was the end of that performance. 


5. What is the most expensive drag item that you own?

My evening gown that I bought for my first pageant which was originally $900. 

6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

That would have to be Russia. 



7. If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be and why?

That would probably have to be HIV/AIDS because it affects a lot of people and it just ruins them. 


8. Do you think Rupaul's Drag Race has helped the drag community or do you think it has ruined it?

I'm kind of torn. In a way the show has helped the community as far as getting drag out in the open more but it's also ruined it and made it a competition. I've dealt with a lot of Rupaul girls. There are some that are fun to work with the first time but then after that they start to think they're the big divas just because they were on TV. 


9. Would you ever audition for drag race?

Yes I would. I've auditioned 2 times already and this will be my 3rd time trying out for the show. 



10. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

Shannel because every time I've seen her with her outfits, her hair, her makeup...she's always been flawless and on point. When I met her on the Rupauls Drag Race cruise last year I was completely star struck. I saw her walking up and I grabbed my fiancé and he didn't know what was wrong with me. I was so nervous. When I met her on the boat she remembered me from Facebook and she's just really nice.  


11. What do you like to do in your free time?

What free time? If I'm not doing drag or anything related to drag I just usually hang out with my fiancé and we like to go to the movies, camping, staying at home, hanging out with friends. We're both small town people and neither of us like the big city.



12. What is your favorite song to perform to?

I have this Burlesque song that I love to perform to and my fiancé gets mad at me because he thinks I perform it too much. 



13. What was it like coming out to your family?

It was honestly my moms fault because I knew I was gay since I was like 3 years old because I would wear blankets as dresses and I would do those kinds of things. I've always been a bit femme and I always have gotten made fun of for it. I was hanging out with different people who weren't part of my parent's religion and they just seemed to notice and they sat me down and asked me if I was gay and I said I was. The next day I had an intervention with my grandparents and my parents and it was a really rough patch for about a year. It took them about 4 years to start getting used to everything and they're still working on accepting it fully. 

14. Introvert or extrovert?

When I'm getting ready I like being alone and by myself. When I'm booking and planning events I just like doing that myself so I know that it gets done and I don't have to rely on other people. But when I do work with other people I like learning about different types of drag because there isn't one way to do drag. What works for one queen won't work for another queen. Everyone just does their own thing. 


15. Where do you see yourself in the future?

I really would love to get on Rupaul's Drag Race so I could get my name out there and travel the world because I really love traveling. My fiancé and I want to open up a bar so getting my name out there would help out a lot with that. I would also like to have a couple kids because I consider myself a family person. 




Talk to Ivanaha:
Twitter: @IvanahaFusionn
Instagram: @fusionns

The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment