Cupcake Canne is a performer in West Hollywood, California who sure lives up to her name. Sweet as a cupcake but also very driven, she continues to put on a fabulous show when she's onstage and also stays true to herself when the curtains close.
1. Describe your drag persona.
My drag persona is really just and more ballsy version of myself. Everything that is off limits to my boy-self is fair game for Cupcake. If you're referring to my style then I'd say I'm attracted to vintage pinup stuff with a bit a rock'n roll and of course anything Mugler!
2. What is your favorite song to perform to?
I'm not sure I have a favorite song to perform to. Whatever it is it has to be something that I feel. That's the only way I can take the crowd on a journey with me!
3. When did you start doing drag?
I started doing drag about a year and a half ago. Not long really. I've been a dancer and performer since I was 9yrs old though.
4. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
I think I'm both if that's allowed? Depends really on the situation I'm in. I'm kinda shy around people I don't know.
5. What is your favorite/least favorite thing about the drag community?
I would say my favorite thing about drag is the feeling that I get when I know I've made a room full of people happy. My least favorite thing about the drag community would have to be all of the cattiness and bitchiness towards each other. We are all still men and we should act like men, not teenage girls!
6. What is your secret to success?
I think for anyone you should always be someone that people want to work with. You could have talent but if you are nasty to work with then people will not want to be around you. I don't know if that's a secret really...
7. What is the biggest lesson you've learned regarding your drag career?
Don't fuck it up!
8. where did you learn how to do makeup?
I'm self taught with my painting skills! Watching tutorials, studying pictures or friends that tell me I look stupid help a lot!
9. Do you have a drag family?
I have a drag mother or mentor, Ethylina Canne of Palm Springs. She's one of my dearest friends, She inspired me to do drag! It's hard to be in a bad mood when I'm around her! She has an infectious laugh. It's gross really... She's gross and I love her!
10. What is the best advice you could give someone who is interested in becoming a drag queen?
I would say never compare yourself to other queens. Always try to be a better version of yourself!
11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would want the power to change my powers into any powers I wanted. Power power power! Did I say power enough?
12. At the Marco Marco fashion show, you went down the runway doing ballet. How long have you been doing ballet?
I actually walked in the Walter Mendez show in LA fashion week. It was an amazing experience and kind of a little gay boys dream come true! I've been a dancer since the age of 9.
13. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I actually fell during a performance in a duet with my late friend Killer. It was at the Eagle while we were doing S&M by Rihanna and Britney. I fell not once but twice in a row... It was one of those moments where everything seem to happen in slow motion.
14. What was your favorite subject in school and why?
I don't remember...
15. In your opinion, what is your best quality?
I think it's my ability to feel. My strong sensitivity, if that makes sense. It's makes me a better person as well as a better artist.
Follow Cupcake Canne here:
The Drag Enthusiast:
Follow Lacey Noel:
Follow Miss Missy Photography: