Sunday, November 16, 2014

Farrah Moan: Non-Materialistic Beauty

Farrah Moan is a female impersonator from Austin, Texas. One thing that makes her different from most impersonators is that she isn't materialistic and tries to focus on the positive side of life. 



1. Describe your drag persona.

Farrah is definitely fishy, flirty and fun. She's a total party girl- she always gets me in trouble. But anyone who meets her learns she's genuine, sweet and down to earth as well and she'll always try to make you laugh. 


2. What is your biggest pet peeve?

I'm torn between two. One, I hate when you're watching a movie with friends or family and someone gets a call and they just sit there on the phone while everyone's trying to watch. Sooo mean!! 
And two- I hate when my friends spouses fight with each other in front of me or other people. Like get it together! 


3. Do you have a drag family?

Yes! Serotonin and Rena Nevado, we're like the drag Charlie's Angels of Austin, TX!


4. What are your future goals?

I want to end up working in a really nice salon one day doing hair, makeup or both. I've just always enjoyed bringing out people's beauty and making them feel happy and confident.


5. Who is your biggest inspiration?

My mother for sure. Whenever I start feeling like life is hard I just think back to her working 4 jobs and being a single mother of two and then I snap out of it and realize I don't have it that bad. I love her.


6. Would you rather work with a group of people or do you prefer working by yourself?

I love working in groups, I feel like more brains is better than one!


7. What is one item that you can't live without?

I've found out that I can literally live without any and all material items. 


8. Have you ever felt misunderstood?

All the time.


9. What is one thing that no one knows about you?

I'm obsessed with any foods that have red dye number 40 in them.


10. Do you have a most embarrassing moment?

My train wreck of a life is a walking embarrassment Hahaha I'm always tripping on things when I'm trying to be cool and walk fiercely in my heels when I go out. I'm also always that bitch that has toilet paper stuck to her shoe, even if I just go to re-apply my lipstick, it never fails! *sigh*


11. In your opinion, what is your best feature?

I'm very fond of my legs.


12. How do you deal with negativity?

I don't- I just ignore it. It's on my list of things I don't have time for.


13. What has been your biggest accomplishment/obstacle?

I felt pretty accomplished when we had our 6th month of Tribute Tuesday, the show I host and put together. I've had shows in the past but they never lasted- there was always something missing. But I feel like we're onto something with this one and I really love doing it. 



14. When and why did you start doing female impersonation?

When I was little I wore dresses and played with dolls all the time- but when I really started to experiment with cross dressing and such was high school. My friends would dress me up and put me on chat roulette and see how man guys I could fool. I swear they enjoyed it more than me sometimes haha. But the idea of transforming into something else just always seemed like so much fun and one day I finally decided I was just gonna go hard and do it.  Farrah was born.


15. Where can people find you?

I host a show that is called Tribute Tuesday at Maria's Taco Xpress in Austin, TX and every month we pick a new artist to tribute. We raise money for a non profit organization called OUT YOUTH that provides free STD testing and counseling to LGBTQ teens and young adults.




Stalk Farrah here:
Instagram: @Farrahrized

The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment