Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lacey Fauxx Vanderpump: Pretty, Genuine, And Humble


Meet Lacey Fauxx Vanderpump, a performer from Denver, Colorado. She has made it a point that she wants to stay humble no matter what. Behind the drag, she loves to write in her free time and is just an all around genuine person with a heart of gold. 


1. Describe your drag persona.

Lacey Fauxx Vanderpump....how would you describe Lacey... She's the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet. I've been told sometimes I look intimidating but I'm seriously one of the sweetest girls. I'm pretty much everything Steven (My Boy Altered) isn't. I'll be flirty and talk to guys. I'll be the first one to be on the dance floor and ready to twirl but don't try to be shady because I'll also be the first one to read you... but remember she's a lady and fightings for trash #PaintsNails


2. Who would you say is your biggest inspiration?

For drag I've had many. Manila, Phi Phi, Miss Fame, Raven, Juju and many local queens I look up to and get advice from. But if I had to choose just one Id probably say Manila. Every time I've met her she's been so friendly and nice. She's taken the time to sit and have a conversation with me and I just love how she can be campy then glamorous then fishy then comedy and she's always changing and always entertaining.


3. In your opinion, do you think Rupaul's Drag Race has helped the drag community or has it made it worse?

I believe it's helped the drag community tremendously. I always have seen drag queen as I got older and went to clubs but now it's so mainstream and more people are accepting of it. But it's also made people want to step up their drag.


4. What is something you're passionate about besides drag?

I'm usually always on the go or working or having a show but on my down time I love writing. 


5. Where did you get your drag name?

This is a funny story actually... So I was very picky about my drag name because once I chose my name I didn't want to change it ever again. I wanted something that rolled off your tongue and was catchy but I also wanted it to sound kinda sexy. So I went back and forth with my friends for weeks before i got my name. My name is actually my best friends stripper name. You know the name of your first pet and the name of the first street you lived on. So it was Lacey Fox... There was so Many Fox and Foxx girls out there already so I decided to to a play on words and Lacey Fauxx was born. Im a faux woman with faux boobs and faux hair. I later picked up my drag mothers last name Vanderpump.


6. What is the biggest lesson you've learned in your drag career?

The biggest lesson I've learned is ALWAYS stay humble. Everybody is always watching you and the things you say and do and at the end of the day your followers and supports will make or break you.


7. What is something that not many people know about you?

These last 2 years have been very rough for me. I come from a family that suffers from drug and alcohol abuse. I almost lost my mother to alcohol in early 2014 so as much as I love to party I always take care of myself.


8. What is something that you would like people to remember about you?

I like to be remembered as the queen who is genuinely a good and nice person. Someone who leaves a lasting impression with you.



9. What is your biggest insecurity?

I used to really care what other queens thought about me and if they liked me and it made me very insecure about my drag but as I started working more and more it was like Rupaul said 'Unless they payin' yo bills pay them bitches no mind"


10. If you could have a superpower, what would you pick and why?

If i had superpowers I'd want to be just like Storm from the XMen. The bitch can change the weather and fly and she always has a slutty costume.



11. When and why did you start doing drag?

I started drag almost a year ago. I was really intrigued by drag when I first watched it on Rupauls Drag Race. Then I started going out to clubs more and seeing these girls perform and i would always say "I wanna do that. I can do that" but at the time I was in a relationship that didn't support it. So when my relationship ended I kind of really studied drag and eventually through myself into it and I'm really proud of how far I've came in such a short amount of time.


12. What's your favorite product that you use that you feel you can't live without?

Besides the usual Paint sticks and High pigmented shadows its actually a super cheap product that I love and helps me so much. Its a E.L.F jumbo shadow pencil. 


13. What is your favorite thing/least favorite thing about the drag community?

My least favorite thing is how some of these drag families or cliques kind of team up on people or think they are better then others or try to team up and be drama. But my favorite thing about drag is almost the same thing. I've had some seasoned queens take me under their wing and give me some amazing tips and tricks that have really helped me out.


14. Does your family support your career choices?

I've been very blessed with how accepting my family has been with everything. It hasn't always been like this, being the only openly gay one in my family but my family has been super accepting of it and watch my few performances I get recorded... I mean my mom bought me a huge pair of AB stoned earnings today. They have become some of my biggest fans.


15. In your opinion, what is the biggest misconception of drag?

I think one of the biggest misconceptions of drag is that we all over the top bitchy queens who want to be girls. Guys have stopped talking to me after I told them I do drag because they said they didn't want to talk to someone who wants to be a girl or who is feminine... I was like uuummmmmm HELLO we've been talking for how long and I tell you I do drag and now you think this, KICK ROCKS! So I think thats been one of the biggest issues I've dealt with.



Follow Lacey Fauxx here!
Twitter: @stevie_fauxx
Instagram: @stevie_fauxx

Follow Lacey Noel!
Twitter: @LaceyNoel27
Instagram: @misslaceynoel
Tumblr: itsmisslaceynoel.tumblr.com

The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment