Thursday, December 4, 2014

Crystal Mess: "Ode To The Bouncer"


Crystal Mess is a pretty face with a very honest and down to earth personality. She doesn't sugar coat the truth and admits that she sometimes just can't keep her mouth shut. With that being said, she believes in being a queen with a humble personality because having a bad attitude won't get you anywhere. 



1. Who is Crystal Mess?

Crystal Mess is some bitch that labels herself as "The Worlds Most Beautiful Mess" haha I can be a mess at times, but my mug stays painted at all times


2. When and why did you start doing drag?

I started messing around with drag I wanna say mid 2012, but I actually started DOING drag and became Crystal Mess around September of 2013. Everyone said I should do it because I'm
extremely outgoing and love making people smile, and I always was painting my face or gluing random things to my face so it kinda fell into place.


3. Who is your biggest inspiration?

RAJA RAJA RAJA


4. Where did your drag name originate from?

Originally, it came from my at the time drag mom as a joke from a dark place I had encountered so we made light of it.



5. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received regarding drag?

To just be myself, do me, and not try to be that version of what mainstream 
tries to perceive all drag queens should be. That if I believe I'm sickening, everyone else will feed off that and also believe I'm sickening.


6. What is your favorite song to perform to?

Ode to the Bouncer by Studio Killers. My friends tend to tell me whenever I'm panicking over a last minute show and not knowing what to perform, they tell me "When in doubt, Ode to the Bouncer".


7. Do you think Rupaul's Drag Race has hurt the drag community or do you think it has helped it? Why?

It's definitely helped by broadening the community and showing mainstream that drag is a form of true entertainment and that we are a great form of art. But it kinda did hurt the community
at the same time, because it makes other queens feel like, if you are not on the show then you are not a good queen or entertainer, which isn't the case at all you know.


8. Do you have a most embarrassing moment?

Oh god all of 2014 basically hahaha



9. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you pick and why?

I would really love to meet Jennifer Lawrence, because I mean she looks like a fucking great time!


10. How are you unique compared to other queens?

Besides my lip sync being on point lol #sorrynotsorry, I feel unique, or different because amongst my group of drag friends, I'm one of the many few that do songs that are not Top 40 hits. It's not
that I hate Top 40 hits, it's just, that's not me, its not something I'd perform. I'm more of a 90s, house, underground kind of queen.


11. What should people expect when coming to see you perform?

Expect to see me evoke emotion, and probably touch my face and pussy 



12. What advice do you have for queens just starting?

DON'T BE AN A-HOLE. Be humble. ALWAYS. I don't understand why queens always have to be a-holes, like, just smile and have fun with everyone.


13. How do you handle negativity?

I think you should tell me how I should handle it. I tend to speak my mind, even though I should just bite my tongue and smile. It's not with people critiquing me/throwing shade/reading me, that I can handle, other negativity like people being all kinds of bs, I can't seem to just sit there and be quiet, I have to say something because I then get this feeling as if I'm getting stomped over if I don't say something.



14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

I wish I had telekinesis. Ive been wanting to perform a lot of dubstep songs and I feel like it would make a lot of my performances look so much better!


15. Marry, Fuck, Kill: Season 6 top 3. Courtney Act, Adore Delano, and Bianca Del Rio.

Marry Adore because she's a blast to be around with. Fuck Bianca, because, well, she's handsome. Kill Courtney with kindness so it can probably rub off on her. I love them all though.


Stalk Crystal Mess:
Twitter: @inmesswetrust
Instagram: @inmesswetrust
Tumblr: inmesswetrust.tumblr.com

The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @dragenthusiast
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment