Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pinche: Killing Gender Roles


There are many drag performers who absolutely live for challenging gender roles. Many of these performers are found to be controversial because they aren't everyone's cup of tea and some people are just way too traditional. Pinche just recently began to perform and one of her main goals is to make people question their sexuality because her look has the best of both worlds. She has a fishy mug beat for the gods, a hairy chest, and curvy silhouette to die for! Pinche is a performer that anyone will easily fall in love with and even though she's new to being a drag performer, she definitely has something special and she deserves the chance to tell her story. 


1. Who is Pinche?

Well, PINCHE is not one. She is many. I tend to model my life and work as a collage of significant moments or people and I like to think of PINCHE as the same. I think her roots really grabbed on tight and started growing when I was 20 years old. I have always seen women as my heroes. In times when I needed to be strong my inner thoughts were indeed that of a woman. Or I guess what I perceived to be a woman. 


2. When and why did you begin doing drag? 

So when I was 20 I was Gogo dancing at some bars in LA. I fucking loved the confidence it brought me because I am a bigger guy but I also appreciated the odd connections I would have with people. But it was all over shadowed by the others saying that my hair was too long or I was too queeny or that I had to butch it up because I look like a power bottom. I was actually told these things. But it was that voice in the back of my head that told me to keep going. I eventually quit but that's where PINCHE is from. That was her birth. If I was too fucking queeny, oh bitch I was gonna show you how much of a queen I really am.


3. How did you get your drag name?

There is a Taco shop above my work named "Pinche's Tacos" and I have gone there so much that I get free food and beers during my lunch break. I love that place so much! One day I was like THAT WOULD TOTALLY BE MY DRAG NAME and that has been in my back pocket since like 2013. Mind you I started at the beginning of 2015! I actually was just talking to the girls that work there last week and told them that I do drag and what my name was and that I got it from them. They thought it was the coolest fucking thing ever. Which is pretty dope! Their burritos are the shit and I would fuck someone up for their carne Assad fries.



4. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about drag? 

Hhhhhhmmmmm what is my favorite thing about drag? I would have to say constantly challenging myself to do something new or to step my pussy up. I also I think it's important to make a statement with drag because it used to be this punk ass thing that was like fuck yeah I'm gonna dress Iike a woman, battle with your gender roles and force someone to think. So I think that's what my favorite thing about drag is, but it can ask be hard to find now.

Which would bring me to my least favorite. How washed out and mainstream SOME drag has become. I understand that not everyone likes the shocking, dark or  crazy painted Queens. Which is dope, trust me bitch I live for a fishy Queen putting on shows and REALLY serving it to the crowd. Being a dope ass entertainer is everything, but what I don't Iike is that with some queens rest on being feminine, skinny, and a death drop. Bitch paint that mug, slap on some fucking pads and think about your performance.

Everything else is just part of the culture. It's what made me fall in love with it. The sass and the shade but also the family vibes


5. Where do you get your inspiration from?

Pretty sorority girls and dick pig leather daddies. I'm all about contrasting opposites because if you get a close enough look you realize that they are almost the same thing. 


6. Name a drag performer that you look up to. Why do you look up to them?

With out a doubt, Judas Joe Manson. That crazy bitch was the first one to ever put make up on me and push me to finally start doing drag. I wanted to start for years and some queens I knew would not want to help. But I remember when I was working on promo video for judas' show, she just looked at me and asked "when are you gonna join us, when are you going to start doing drag?" That's my hero, that is the queen I look up to and I am so humbled and thankful to even consider such a creative maniac one of my closest friends. I love my Judy, I owe her so much and promise to make her proud! #LivinLaVidaJudy! She could literally kick back some Jameson and rip her wig around in the air and the crowd lives for her. That's a true entertainer.



7. What is something you wanna change about the drag community? 

I think as a drag queen...We have to stand for something. We have to have opinions about the world we live in and speak on them. We have so many opportunities to stand up and say something. It's not all about flipping the cute wig you just got from Downtown and thinking your fierce. So what I try to do is influence change. Change within not only the drag community, but the gay community as well. My drag is a commentary on how I deal with gender roles and I think it strikes a nerve with people. They see a beat mug and are stunned and then they see a big ol hairy man chest under it. Some are disturbed but most are turned on. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

It's all about your point of view and how I can influence others. I'm about self love, acceptance, emotional intelligence and everything it means to be a human at this point in the world. So that's what I would want to change. Because a lot of these queens I'm seeing aren't giving the good fight like our brothers and sisters in the past have.

Oh and I would also change the fact that it's so fucking hard to find God damn quality heels in a size 13. I'm tired of using anal lube to slide my feet in a size 10.


8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? 

I've always wanted to go to New York City. Luckily I've already been so if I had to choose a new place it would probably be like the UK it maybe even Japan.


9. What is something that makes you unique compared to other performers? 

Well the obvious thing that sets me apart is me not shaving my body. I love my body hair and the daddies love it too. It's my favorite thing about me in and out of drag. It makes me feel sexy. Which is funny because in high school I was so insecure about it. Now it's like my biggest asset. But with all the chest hair I still make it a point to be Drag in the way of being womanly. I pad I cinch, I shave my face, I wear wigs, huge fucking heels, and if it's a paid gig or there is gonna be pictures taken I will even slap on some nails. I'm not like this manly dude slapping on a bra and a wig and exaggerating the feminine. I take it seriously. My end goal is for you to be turned on by me and question your sexuality. Is it sexy because I'm pretty and serving body or is it because I'm a big dicked hairy bear.




10. If you could pick one drag performer to work with in the future, who would you pick and why? 

Well Judas was someone I always wanted to work with and I'm grateful I have on many occasions. But if I had to pick someone I don't know?? Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm from drag race fame it would probably have to be either Sharon Needles or Violet Chachki. Sharon because she has that in your face attitude and is just this stone cold ass icon in our community. I also want her to spit in my face at my funeral as they lower the casket. I also choose Violet because her aesthetic is so detailed and everything is gorgeous. She blurs the gender lines when it comes to sexy. And that's what I live for. She has this confidence that can't be knocked because she knows what she is doing. That's what I want.

But if I chose a performer from outside of drag race? The one and only Grace Towers. I've been a fan for years and have been lucky enough to meet her multiple times. Such a sweet and amazing soul. I remember when I was 19-20 I was sneaking into bars with a Grindr hook up in San Francisco. We went into The Stud and there was this huge portrait of her and, bitch, I gagged. It was such a fun night. Even the walk of shame at 6am in the pouring rain was poetic.


11. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? 

Cosmic Carnival. My sister Xochi Mochi is such a fucking creep and I am so proud and thankful for having a hand with making this show happen. Cosmic Carnival is a drag show that lures you in with sweet cotton candy and top 40 numbers, and then spits blood in your face with the freak show second half of the show. We do real cute numbers to begin with and then the second half is more performance art. I made all the video visuals we used for advertising, I get to perform and co host it with her. It's all just so much fucking fun. I literally just got naked on stage in my last performance to Mariah Carey. The crowd lives! 

I am so thankful for and also proud of Xochi. She works hard and is really talented. She has also helped me improve my crooked eyebrows!

But don't tell her I said anything nice, if she asks I think she is a huge cunt! ;) 


12. What is your opinion on bio queens and drag kings?

LOOOOOOVE THEM. My friend Notorious Ali Doom is like the ultimate bio Queen to me. She serves body, sex, glamour, and a whole lot of ass. When it comes to Drag Kings, hands down no one beats Landon Cider. Every drag king needs to look at Landon and realize they need to step their dick game. I've seen some kings that slap in a suit and smear eyeshadow for a beard and I'm like meh. But then you see Landon and you are instantly living. He has characters and concepts and costumes for fucking days! If they were to cast a King on drag race I know for a fact they would call Landon. Pure talent



13. What is the biggest struggle you've faced as a drag performer so far?

The biggest struggle I face as a drag performer is constantly running out of fucking duct tape for my waist!!! I'm a thick bitch and am almost always giving some kind of nudity and can't always user a clincher so I need duct tape. 


14. How long does it typically take for you to get ready for a performance?

If I'm in a hurry can do a mug in an hour and a half. Then 15 minutes to get dressed. If I'm relaxed and take my time I will usually take 2 hours maybe a little more. 


15. Marry, Kai Kai, Kill: Xochi Mochi, Judas Joe Manson, Dakota D'Vil

Oh dear fucking God.

I can't with this one! I would Kai Kai with Judas because that bitch is crazy and I'm sure gives good head. But I will double check with her boyfriend on that one.

I would marry Xochi because we would sleep in separate beds and never touch and that's what Christian family values are all about plus I loved "I Love Lucy" when I was younger.

Then I would Kill Dakota but only because I'm sure she is into necromancy and that would be a dope ass performance at Whore Haus. Like that one time she did the leather face look! I think the concept was to be like leather faces daughter? It fucking slayed. I'm still in love with that look. And her Spread in QUEEN magazine just shit on everyone. The blood, the horror, the sex. Plus if she's dead I can snatch her clothes and pretend I'm not busting the seems as I wear them.



Photo Credit:
All photos used were captured by Branden Marcus
Instagram: @brandenmarcus

Follow Pinche:
Instagram: @pinchequeen
Facebook: https://facebook.com/DanggDallas?tsid=0.6710593367461115&source=typeahead

The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Instagram: @dragenthusiast
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment