Originally from Marquette, Michigan, Aurora Gozmic continues to push the boundaries of being a drag queen. Having more than one aesthetic and look means she's continuously learning, evolving, and growing as a performer. Living in a small town has held its challenges, so she soon is relocating to Chicago, Illinois, where she had the honor of performing in Trannika Rex's main show during Pride season and she's also quickly gaining popularity as well.
1. Who is Aurora Gozmic?
Aurora is the bitch in high school that either you wanted to be, fuck or have killed.
2. When and why did you start doing drag?
I started drag because I knew I would be pretty. I was 16 and started researching drag and did it for Halloween a couple times. I performed at 18 for the first time.
3. Where did you get your drag name?
I had 7 different names but when I left for Chicago, I wanted to reinvent myself, I chose Aurora Gozmic. Aurora is the goddess of dawn and to me that meant the start of something new. Gozmic is just to make it sexual.
4. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
Fashion designers! The world of fashion is all about glamour and innovation. That's what I want for Aurora, to be constantly changing and evolving.
5. What do you love most about doing drag?
the impact drag has on society. It's a way for people to display and art form and have others react. It gives me a thrill to shock people.
6. Where do you draw inspiration from?
7. What is something no one really knows about you?
I have no secrets.
8. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
It's hard to pick because I'm so perfect. My legs I guess.
9. Do you prefer artsy looks or pretty looks?
I love all kinds of drag but girls that push the limits catch my eye.
10. How do you deal with hate?
I don't. There's no time for that.
11. If you could be an animal, which one would you be and why?
A bird so I could shit on people.
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Members of the queer community not accepting each other. The inner hatred for one another. Just love, there is enough hate.
13. Would you ever consider auditioning for Rupaul's Drag Race and if you made it, who would you do for Snatch Game?
I guess I would audition. I would do Kylie Jenner.
14. Who is your favorite drag queen that you follow and why?
I have a few Diana Dzhaketov, Lucky Madison, Trannika Rex, Shea Coulée, Kim Chi, Sissy Spastik, Nico....Basically all queens that inspire me or who I look up to.
15. Any advice for younger performers who are just starting?
Don't ever stop evolving. It's the key to survival.
16. What was it like performing in Chicago for Pride this year?
It was defiantly a highlight in my drag career thus far. I've never felt so much love from a group of queens or an audience. I love Chicago.
17. What is your biggest goal for the future?
My goal in the future is to make a dress from Taco Bell wrappers in one sitting.
Photo Credit: Stefani Harlan
The Drag Enthusiast: