Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kaotica Divine: "Beauty in Diversity"



(Photo by Black Rose Photography)

Dripping in artistic skill, Kaotica Divine loves to surprise her audience with a brand new look every time she gets onstage. If you follow her, you will soon discover that her art goes way beyond her look and that's what makes her unique. 


1. Who is Kaotica Divine?

I created Kaotica to be an example of "beauty in diversity". I like to think of her/him as a rorschach test. Always changing, and never the same. The prime characteristic of Kaotica, is controlled chaos. You never know what your going to get, and that's what keeps people intrigued. Kaotica is my thoughts and ideas given to the public. When it all boils down to it, Kaotica Divine is whatever you see. Not so much a person, but a walking example of the beauty that lies in being different. 


2. How did you come up with your name?

Kaotica was born in the period of time in my life where I was at rock bottom. I didn't have much, wasnt making much, and sometimes it was struggle to make ends meet. So out of necessity, I did a talent contest to get some extra money so I could at least be able to afford a meal. Whether it be 6 dollars, or 36 dollars. Among other personal issues, Kaotica was born out of the Chaotic part of my life. A time that, even though it was a tremendous struggle, it was one of the most enlightening on my artistic career. If that makes sense.


3. How long have you been performing and what inspired you to do so?

I have been performing for a little over two years. Nothing really inspired me to start, Rather than I saw it as a form of necessity. It was necessary for me to make money in some way shape or form, so I could survive. At least a little bit. I never would have thought all of this would happen, and I'm so elated that it did. It's been one of the most fulfilling experiences in my life.



4.  Where do you draw inspiration from?

I draw my inspiration from anything really. I as an artist, already look at the world in a different spectrum. Nature, the colors of the seasons, space, the elegance of dark fashion, are some of the bigger inspirations, but usually, I find inspiration in the simplest of things. Things people dont really see as being an artistic piece. (Christmas ornamnets for example haha) 


5. Do you have a favorite look that you've put together?

Thats a toughy. I as a performance artist, don't like repeating looks. I don't have a favorite look comprised because they are all so different and special in their own respective light. I feel becoming stagnant in a look makes you predictable, in turn making you stuck. Drag is evolution, and I evolve within each show. 


6. Where did you learn to do your makeup?

I'm actually self taught. Starting around 8 or 9 playing with my sisters makeup in the bathroom. Also  working for Sephora has broadened  my experience and skill set exponentially.



7. What is your favorite brand of makeup?

I'm not particularily biased to one certain brand, because each brand has its pros and cons. Some lines I absolutely love is Urban Decay for their pigments, Smashbox for their intense palettes, SugarPill, and Kat Von D. 

Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper Black is the ONLY black liquid liner I use. ;) for those precise lines gurl.


8. What is something that not many people know about you?

I'm a people pleaser. I hardly ever say no and i have a hard time saying no. Which is a downfall of mine. In turn, I sometimes bite off more than i can chew. 


9. Who do you look up to most?

I think people should be their own role models. I believe the ONE person you should aspire to be or work towards perfecting is yourself. However, I look up to Leonardo DaVinci mentality, my boyfriends reasoning, and my mothers moral. You get from the world what you give to it. 

(Photo by Black Rose Photography)


10. What is your biggest fear?

The ocean. Something about it just freaks me the hell out. Its an entire new world, and one we know next to nothing about. Miles and miles of darkness, with monsters we don't know about lurking somewhere, watching the surface... No ma'am. I'll stay on land.


11. What is something you love most about this community?

You actually shared my post about my thoughts on people and their entitlement to voice their opinions, but i do love that in this community, we all are our own boss. We take power in what we do and we repel the negative. I think people need to learn to balance that though. Seperating difference of opinion from disliking something. Because their is a huge difference.


12. What is something you can't live without?

Something I can't live without? Air. My vision. It is how I see the beauty around me. 



13. What is your biggest goal for the future?

My biggest goal is to be happy. Have an equal balance of work and home life. Which I have been struggling with. Nothing is guaranteed so I want to leave this world knowing that I have impacted people for the better. And that alone makes me more than happy.


14. What makes you unique?

I think the diversity I give. With me, you never know what your going to see. And if you miss something, you'll probably not going to ever see it again, at the same venue. Everyone gets a different show. Every venue gets a different look. In turn, this makes people wonder what I'll be doing, which makes them go out to a venue they may have never been too. By changing show to show, not my fans, but my FRIENDS change what they're used to and venture out to other places as well. I think a whole bunch of things come from the idea of Kaotica. But its how you percieve it. I know people can look to me as an art piece and not a dance number.



15. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?

All the damn hate. People need to love each other. Period. 

So much more can be done spreading love than darkness. Although my style is more dark an edgy, I'm incredibly humble and easy to talk to. 

Oh and I would change the delivery charge for chinese food. Its outrageous!! Sometimes I just dont want to leave to go pick it up. 


16. Who is in the House Of Kaos?

The House of Kaos isn't a typical drag family house. It is a coallition of artists to bounce ideas back and forth. The one main goal: artistic momentum or movement. I wanted to change the drag and nightclub industry with my artwork and set a certain standard for performance art and visual aesthetic. The house is comprised of me as the founder, my partner, Jordan (Paris Donatella) and our AMAZING CHILD Tempest. Paris is a Drag Queen still finding her own. Although drag and entertainment is something that isn't his main inteterest, she helps with the ideas and execution of shows. Tempest has made me so incredibly PROUD! growing at an even faster rate than I ever did, Tempest is Andro at it's finest.



Follow Kaotica Here:
Instagram: @kaoticadivine
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaotica.telifero?ref=ts&fref=ts

The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com

Photo Credit- BLACK ROSE PHOTOGRAPHY
Instagram: @blackrosephotog
Twitter: @blackrosephotog

No comments:

Post a Comment