Tuesday, May 26, 2015

America's Next Drag Superstar Is.....

Season 7 of Rupaul's Drag Race was full of backwards twists and a weird amount of group challenges (which i didn't like...please go back to the individual challenges, THANKS.). This season, we saw Pearl have a stare down with Rupaul, Katya had a break through, Miss Fame clucked like a chicken, and Trixie Mattel lost twice...(which I'm still really angry about I'm not going to lie)! But who will walk away with the crown? I really don't know, but I have a winner in mind that I really feel I connected to the most this season. 

First, let's go over my opinion of all 3 girls.



Pearl represents strength to me. She's relaxed and laid back but she's been through a whole spectrum of pain and doubt and I can tell she is really passionate about drag and she knows her style very well. She grew a lot on the show and is probably the most beloved contestant this season next to a couple of the other girls.





Violet is someone I relate to on a whole different level and let me say why. It's not necessarily her confidence that hits home for me, it's the fact that she says what she's thinking even if people think she's being rude. We're both the same age and I really relate to Violet's personality. Honesty is always the best way to go. She had her moments this season with her confidence going to her head, but let's face it, we watched every week to see what Violet was going to pull out for those runways. She was never in the bottom two, and if she knew she wasn't good at something, she still worked it out to the best of her ability.



Ginger Minj is very underrated I feel because people think for some reason she doesn't belong in the top 3 this season. People can say what they want, but she earned her spot. It's funny because I thought she was going to be like the motherly figure this season because I wasn't familiar with her personality but...boy...was I wrong! She had me laughing all season with her snide remarks and quick witted comments and her Snatch Game was hilarious! She doesn't know how to sew but in the Hello Kitty sewing challenge she really worked it out and brought it. So Ginger deserves her spot. Be nice.

I love all 3 of these girls so much but there can only be one winner so let the opinions begin!

Based on this whole season, I feel like it's going to be really close but my heart truly belongs to Violet Chachki. Not just because I relate to her...although that's part of it...but I feel like her overall attitude towards challenges that were thrown her way really just spoke for itself. Whenever she wasn't comfortable with a challenge, she still went out there and tried to the best of her ability and either won the challenge or was safe. She was never in the bottom two. She's very put together and knows the image she wants to portray when it comes to her style. Her runways always left me absolutely speechless and she knows how to demand a room. 



As much as I love Ginger and Pearl, and I think both of them have grown and earned their spots, my heart is dominated by Violet and I really think she deserves this win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment