Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sindy Vicious: Spark Waiting to Catch Fire


Sindy Vicious is a 17 year old performer from Illinois. The one thing that is stand out about her is she may be a young queen but her age doesn't stop her from slaying the stage with as much charisma and passion as someone who is deeply in love with what they do. She holds a spark that is just waiting to catch on fire. 



1. Who is Sindy Vicious?

Sindy is basically my other half. She is the girl ditching class to smoke a cigarette behind the school. But at the same time she has this charm to her. She is the type of girl who can look posh and elegant and the next day will go out in all leather and messy hair. Sindy is definitely a sweet heart gone wrong. She's precious and vicious. I have different taste so I wanted Sindy to be diverse with her image. 


2. When and why did you start doing drag? 

I started drag 3 years ago, but I started performing last year. I do it because it gives me such a rush. I love getting dressed up and performing for a crowd. It makes me feel so good. 


3. Who is your biggest inspiration?

My biggest inspiration is my mom and my grandmas. They are all very storing women and that's why I look up to them. Another huge inspiration is Pete Burns. I take a lot of inspiration from his looks, fashion, and attitude. 


4. If you could work with anyone in the future, who would it be and why?

Im did a show with Bianca in front of like 2,000 people and it was insane! And I'd love to work with any drag race queen. But I would love to work with any of the queens from London. My mom is from the UK and I have always loved the culture that comes with it. Drag in the UK is so diverse and they have a humor that's very similar to mine. 



5. What does drag mean to you?

Drag means everything to me. It's fun and exciting. Its one thing that I see myself doing more of in the future. It completes me.


6. Where do you want to go with your drag career?

I would love to be on Drag Race, cliche but it be a great opportunity. In the near future I want to be performing more. I would also like to take the drag shows I produce to the city of Chicago.


7. Where did you learn how to do your makeup?

I'm still learning if anything. I kinda just taught myself how to do it. 


8. Where did you get your drag name?

My name comes from Syd Vicious of the Sex Pistols. I wanted a name that represents me. I love sin and I'm a vicious bitch when I need to be. 



9. What is your guilty pleasure?
 My guilty pleasure has to be enjoying pissing people off. 


10. What is something no one knows about you? 

I'm secretly in love with my lesbian friend. No I'm kidding something people don't know about me is that despite my character being a tad bit slutty but I'm not. Another thing is out of drag I'm such a "dude". 


11. What is something unique about yourself that separates you from other performers?

I think my work ethic and performance is something that separates me. I manage to do good in school while producing shows and getting everything together with the free time I rarely have. Performance to me is more then just a lip sync it's a story. I try to convey the idea of songs i do in the performance using props, people, or projectors. I give my all for a performance.



12. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go? Any specific reason? 

I would love to go to England. I have been there before but I love it so much! 


13. What do you do in your free time?

I don't have any but when I do I just create some sort of art. 


14. What is your favorite song to perform to?

Anything by Britney Spears! 


15. Why should people pay attention to you?

People should pay attention to me because Sindy is going to go far. She's likable, she's fierce, and she's vicious. 



Follow Sindy Vicious:
Twitter: @shamangoad
Instagram: @sindy_vicious


The Drag Enthusiast:
Twitter: @DragEnthusiast
Tumblr: dragenthusiast.tumblr.com
Instagram: @ragingdragaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment